TestMasters LSAT Course offerings in Downers Grove, Illinois
Students in Downers Grove who are interested in signing up for an LSAT review course can take either a TestMasters comprehensive live course in one of our Illinois locations or our state-of-the-art Online LSAT Course on their own schedule. TestMasters also offers private tutoring other Illinois locations for Downers Grove-area students who would rather do their LSAT study one-on-one with a private tutor. Students can either study exclusively with a private LSAT tutor or use private tutoring along with a TestMasters LSAT course.
Full Length LSAT Course
- 160 hours of instruction (60 in class and 100 online)
- Instructors who have scored in at least the 98th percentile on an actual LSAT
- The comprehensive set of TestMasters coursebook and practice tests delivered free via courier, including licensed use of over 8500 real LSAT questions
- Six proctored (and twelve additional) full-length diagnostic exams with comprehensive score analyses available for each
- Comprehensive homework assignments that contain actual LSAT prep questions, LSAT prep drills, numerous analyses and other LSAT review tools, and a systematic classification of every question type for all real LSAT questions
- Access to TestMasters’ proven methods and techniques
- Written or video explanations for every logic game, line reference notes for each reading comprehension passage, and written, video or audio explanations for numerous logical reasoning questions
- Full access to the LSAT study tools in the TestMasters Online Resource Center—here, you can score diagnostic exams, examine score reports, take psychometric quizzes, watch instructional videos and read written explanations, sharpen argument evaluation skills with the Flawed Methods of Reasoning database, locate questions using the LSAT Search Engine, and read special bulletins concerning the LSAT and law school admissions
- 24/7 Academic Support from our LSAT faculty
Online LSAT Course
- More than 160 hours of instructional videos featuring TestMasters founder Robin Singh, who holds the world record for perfect scores on the LSAT
- Full access to the LSAT study tools in our Online Resource Center—use the Online Resource Center to score diagnostics, examine score reports, take psychometric quizzes, watch instructional videos and read written explanations, sharpen argument evaluation skills with the Flawed Methods of Reasoning database, access questions using the LSAT Search Engine, and read academic bulletins concerning the LSAT and law school admissions
- The comprehensive set of TestMasters LSAT materials delivered free via courier, including access to all previously released LSAT questions (over 8500 total)
- Access to the best LSAT preparation methods and techniques in the world
- Systematic question type classification for all real LSAT questions
- Written or video explanations for each logic game, line reference notes for each reading comp passage, and written, video or audio explanations for many logical reasoning questions
- Eighteen full-length diagnostic exams with comprehensive performance analyses available for each
- 24/7 Academic Support from our LSAT faculty
Frequently Asked Questions
During the term in which they are enrolled, TestMasters Downers Grove students can audit LSAT classes at a different location by logging in to the Online Resource Center and printing individual audit passes. To change LSAT class locations for the duration of the course, Downers Grove students should contact the TestMasters offices as soon as possible. As long as there is an opening in the LSAT class at the new location, students can switch free of charge.
You must either pay the tuition in full or make a down payment of at least $100 to reserve your place in a TestMasters LSAT course location. If you choose the option to make a $100 deposit, you must pay the remainder of the tuition at least one week prior to the first class meeting. Students can enroll online or over the phone, and can pay using a Visa, MasterCard, and Discover debit or credit card, as well as checks and money orders. TestMasters only accepts personal checks that are received at least ten days prior to the first LSAT class meeting.
Students with questions outside of class can contact our Academic Assistance department to get their questions answered.
Students can make up diagnostic tests on their own or they can audit the exam with another class. Each proctored exam is provided in advance with your original shipment of course materials. If a student would like to take the test earlier they can do so by timing it themselves at home. Also, if there is another date and location that a student can audit, they may print out a corresponding audit pass for the proctored exam from their Online Resource Center.
Students taking the TestMasters course should not review LSAT preparation books or take any LSAT practice tests before the TestMasters course begins. Doing any LSAT studying before the TestMasters class begins is not advisable for several reasons. TestMasters has created strategies to improve students’ speed and accuracy on the LSAT, and working with other LSAT prep material can interfere with student progress in the TestMasters course.
If you are studying for the LSAT and want private LSAT tutoring you can either sign up for in-person or telephonic tutoring. If you live in an area where an instructor is available you can work one-one-one with a TestMasters LSAT tutor in-person. Typically, LSAT tutors are available in areas where TestMasters courses are offered, but availability varies. You can also work with a TestMasters LSAT tutor online/telephonically (via phone, Skype, etc.) if you are unable to meet with one in-person.
To initially register for a TestMasters LSAT course you can make a $100 deposit or pay the LSAT course tuition in full. The deadline to complete your payments is 7 days prior to the first LSAT class meeting, but you can pay in any number of installments until that deadline.
Students applying to American Bar Association (ABA)-approved law schools, and many law schools in Canada, must take the Law School Admission Test (LSAT). The LSAT is a half-day, standardized graduate entrance exam that tests a student’s critical reading and reasoning aptitude.
You should register for the LSAT shortly after your LSAT study is complete and you are consistently reaching a score in your practice diagnostics that you would be happy with on your administered test. If you take the test before this point, you run a higher risk of not reaching your goal score. However, you should also consider that waiting longer to take the test may affect your chances of getting into your preferred law school due to rolling admissions.
Robin Singh, the creator of the TestMasters course and the foremost authority on LSAT preparation, has worked assiduously to ensure that the TestMasters course is the best LSAT preparation course available. The techniques and strategies that he has invented have set TestMasters apart as the most comprehensive and effective LSAT course and have allowed Robin Singh himself to achieve more perfect scores on the LSAT than anyone else in the world.
February, June, September/October, and December are the four times yearly that the Law School Admission Council administers the LSAT.
Students may use any TestMasters LSAT study materials or materials purchased directly from the Law School Admission Council during tutoring sessions. For students who have previously taken a TestMasters course they may use any of the LSAT prep books or supplemental materials provided to them. Students new to TestMasters may purchase our full-length course materials. The full course materials include every question released by the LSAC since 1991, over 8000 questions in all. Students who purchase the full LSAT preparation materials will also have access to our Online Resource Center where they can score diagnostics and view computerized score reports, take quizzes, access written and video explanations including 120+ hours of video with the creator of our course, Robin Singh, and much more. Students who purchase the Platinum Tutoring Package receive a full set of materials.
TestMasters tutors can help students study for the LSAT in a variety of ways. Many students come to their tutoring sessions already knowing exactly what questions and concepts they would like to go over, and our tutors help them with those questions and enable them to find faster and more effective ways to approach the test. Other students need more guidance in determining what they need to work on. Our tutors guide these students to recognize the mistakes they are making and provide them with expert advice on how best to improve their LSAT understanding throughout the course of their LSAT preparation.
A student’s LSAT score is more often than not the most critical single factor in the law school admissions process. Although undergraduate GPA is usually the second most important factor, it is far less important that a student’s LSAT score. This is why dedication to LSAT preparation is so critical. And since the LSAT tests learnable reasoning and reading skills, dedicated LSAT prep often makes it possible for students to make up for poor college performance and increase their chances of getting into top law schools.
More than 150,000 students have taken TestMasters since its inception in 1991.